As a writer myself I can empathise, a prominent writer I contacted (who asked not to be named) said;-
"I just need one more day, one more day, is that too much to ask"
Submittable CEO, Michael Fitzgerald, when asked to comment said;-
"I'll get back to you tomorrow. :)"
On the Amazon front - a former Amazon boffin proceeded to fill a whiteboard with AI decision matrix formulae in livestream but it did not make the editorial cut. (more later in a follow up article... when we have had a chance to decipher what we were being told...lol)
AI's or Artificial Intelligence logarithms are becoming more pervasive throughout the industry. A perusal of Google identifies articles from mainstream publications around the issue of AI's and the level of autonomy acceded to them.
With heavyweights such as Scientific American and Forbes covering such heady topics as ...
- Will Democracy Survive Big Data and Artificial Intelligence?
- Growth of AI Means We Need To Retrain Workers... Now
In this context one is reminded of Clarke's three Laws...
1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
3. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
Enjoy your extra day folks.... ;-)
Any previous problems with AWS are now resolved and we back on track for March 1st
submittable.com is now fully functioning, if you are in Ireland you have about 35 minutes left before any 28th Feb deadline...